Discover the hidden history of lower New York and learn how Frank W. Woolworth and his architect, Cass Gilbert, built the tallest building in world in 1913.
Hear the amazing story of how they changed the skyline of New York City forever.
90-Minute Woolworth Building Lobby Tour
- Enjoy time studying the stunning exterior of this Cass Gilbert masterpiece.
- Hear about its importance in the development of lower Manhattan
- Be amazed as you enter the New York City landmarked lobby
- Learn the story of Frank W. Woolworth and his Five and Dime empire
- Explore the interesting lower level bank vault
- Be dazzled by the details of the mezzanine
60-Minute Woolworth Building Lobby Tour
- Spend some time taking in the glorious façade of the iconic Woolworth Building before entering its extraordinary lobby that was long-closed to the public.
- Visit all three areas of its magnificent main floor to see the barrel vaulting arches, Byzantine mosaics and unusual stained glass skylight.
- Peek into the old bank vault and see where the two subway entrances were on the lower level.
- Hear the stories, photograph the details and marvel at that engineering of what was once the tallest building in the world.
30-Minute Woolworth Building Lobby Tour
- Be dazzled as you enter from Broadway into the magnificent vintage lobby of the F. W. Woolworth Company’s NYC headquarters in what was the tallest building in the world.
- Photograph the massive arches and the tiny mosaics. Marvel at the glorious marble and the stained glass. Be amused by the famous corbel characters.
- Understand how it all came about and revel in one of America’s most spectacular interiors.
- This is the perfect tour for those who have always wanted to just get inside.
- $20 per person
– Kim W. 6/11/19
– CC Marc.. 5/28/19
– Martin 5/22/19
– Leslie 5/16/19
Mary – 4/16/19