90-Minute Oculus & 9/11 Plaza Walking Tour
- The true meaning of the pools, which is not shown on any signage, will be revealed along with a few of the personal stories of the names on the parapets.
- Tour will include a stop at the important NYFD Engine 10 Fire Station and a look at the “miracle building of 9/11” known as 90 West Street.
- Other tour highlights will include the Sphere, the Survivor tree, and the Glade, the newest addition to the site that pays tribute to the rescue and recovery workers, thousands of whom have died since 9/11/01.
In the Oculus –
- Hear the history of the site.
- View one-of-a-kind photos showing its construction and how this latest transportation hub grew out of Ground Zero, replacing three previous structures.
- Learn about the fascinating engineering challenges and innovations that made this extraordinary design possible.
- Marvel at the spectacular use of light, and massing of space that reveals the inspiration for the design.
- See its secret homage to the victims of 9/11
Bring your group on a private tour!
All tours may be scheduled at your convenience for groups of 10 people or more.
Click Here for further information.
The Woolworth Buildng Lobby Tour was fascinating...superb guide...I felt privileged to see it
- Kim W. 6/11/19
Beyond Excellent...This was an excellent tour...A must-do
- CC Marc.. 5/28/19
A stunning building which oozes history...photos can not do justice...a must see.
- Martin 5/22/19
Fantastic Tour...Time more than well spent...I loved the tour.
- Leslie 5/16/19
The Woolworth tour is fantastic. I learned so much. Do the 90 minute tour - you will be glad you did.
Mary - 4/16/19